The Prosecuting Attorney's Council of Georgia provides a number of important services to the hundreds of elected and appointed prosecutors across the State of Georgia. The council consists of nine members, six district attorneys and three state court solicitors who establish policies that guide the day-to-day of the Council staff.
Among the duties performed by the Council staff are:
- Training, professional development and continuing legal education
- Legal research assistance and preparation of prosecution manuals.
- Professional responsibility guidance and legislation review and analysis
- Trial and appellate practice support
- Payroll, procurement, budgeting and asset management
- Technology procurement, information management and communications